SINSINAWA -- Sister Judy Miller, OP (Laurentine), died August 9, 2012, at the Dominican Motherhouse, in Sinsinawa. The funeral Mass was held in Queen of the Rosary Chapel at Sinsinawa on August 13, 2012, followed by burial in the Motherhouse Cemetery.
Sister Judy made her first religious profession as a Sinsinawa Dominican on August 5, 1965, and her final profession April 22, 1973. She taught elementary school for 21 years. For one year each, she ministered in transportation at the Motherhouse and as a home visitor for a parish. For four years each, Sister Judy served in fund-raising for a school, and as a convent coordinator. She ministered as a research assistant with Project OPUS (the history of the Order of Preachers in the United States) for eight years. Sister Judy served in New York, Wisconsin and Illinois.
Sister Judy taught at Queen of Peace, Madison, 1969-1970; St. Rose, Cuba City, 1976-1977; and St. Dennis, Madison, 1977-1981. She ministered at the Motherhouse, Sinsinawa, in transportation, 1970-1971, and as assistant archivist responsible for the Mazzuchelli Collection since 2008.
Sister Judy was born March 22, 1942, in Peoria, Ill., the daughter of Lawrence and Sylvia (Nave) Miller. Her parents and one brother, Donald Miller, preceded her in death. She is survived by three sisters, Maxine Gardner, Sondra McEnroe, and Mary Tegtmeyer; three brothers, Lawrence Miller, Bernard Miller, and Phillip Miller; nieces; nephews; and her Dominican Sisters with whom she shared life for 47 years.
Memorials may be made to the Sinsinawa Dominicans, 585 County Road Z, Sinsinawa, WI, 53824-9701 or online at www.sinsinawa.org by clicking on "Donate to Us," then "Honors and Memorials."
Repeat broadcasts of the wake and funeral for Sister Judy are available online at www.Sinsinawa.org/live. Click on the “on demand” tab.